“I train in the mornings, and I’ll eat two breakfasts. I’ll have waffles with flax seed and almond butter and one egg scrambled” – Justin Timberlake
Instead of running to the deli for your favorite bagel, or ordering Seamless for nearest ‘diner’, go to the kitchen! Trust, me you won’t have to get a second cup of coffee within the next hour if you eat a high protein breakfast. If JT could do it, so could you.
Whether you’re on a soy-free, gluten-free or on the Paleo, or vegetarian diet, there’s a breakfast out there for you to help you start your day with high energy and extremely satisfied.
Protein is important for your body because it is a building block of cells throughout the body. It is necessary for healthy skin, nails, muscles, cartilage and blood.
When you’re going through your cabinets, don’t forget to throw a dash of protein powder in your smoothie too!
Don’t forget to add fresh herb to your breakfast for some much needed flavor as a healthy dose of antioxidants.
My favorite is : Curried Eggs Over Toast (via RealSimple)
- Hard boil the eggs. Cut them in half lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the onion and garlic, until onion is just soft.
- Stir in the curry powder briskly, tomato paste, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to cook over a low heat until it is just bubbling.
- Add egg halves to onion mixture and stir gently, until reheated through. Add a little more water if sauce gets too thick.
- Add lemon zest and parsley. Stir again and serve while hot.